Thursday 29 September 2016

Omelette Muffins

 Once I was searching on savory muffins and  my search ended up in omelette muffins.I found two different recipes and mine a  fusion of these two.so following is my version of omelette muffins.I like them warm with tomato ketchup.You can refrigerate them for 2 or 3 days or can freeze for more than a week and thaw by reheating in a microwave for few seconds or minutes.One of the recipe calls for jalapeno peppers and since I didn't have them I used ooty chilly.Also the recipe says cheddar cheese but only mozzarella was three in my fridge so I used it.you can follow use veggie as raw chopped ones or sauteed ones.Especially if adding onions its good to sauteed them. And top  the muffins with some more cheese.



Ingredients

Eggs - 6
Milk - 1/4 cup
Shredded or grated cheese - 1/4 cup
Spinach cleaned - half a bunch
Green bell pepper chopped - 1/2
Red or yellow bell pepper- 1/2
Ooty chilly deseeded and chopped - 1
Salt- 1/8 th tsp
Pepper powder-1/8 tsp


Method

Preheat over at 180 degrees

Grease your muffin tins or tray with oil or cooking spray

Beat the egg  and milk together.

Add salt and pepper and chopped veggies and grated cheese and combine well.

Pour up to 3/4 th of muffin cup..each cup should have equal portion of egg and veggies.

If you want can top with grated cheese.

Bake at 180 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes..or until the center becomes firm and no more runny.

Cool them slightly and have it with ketchup or as you like.
 Just ready to go in to the oven.
 Warm  out of oven.
Have it  slightly warm with ketchup or mayonnaise or whatever sauce you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment