Thursday 29 September 2016

BEST HEALTHY  BANANA  BREAD.

     It's my hubby who introduced me to the banana bread and asked me to bake one.But he wanted a whole wheat version and my search lead me to the blog cookieandkate.com.There I found a wonderful banana bread recipe with whole wheat.The only change I made was in the sweetener as we  don't prefer baking with honey at our home as its not good to heat it according to our knowledge.So I substituted it with sugar and it came out perfect and tasty.I have already made it more than a dozen of times now and have tried different variations .Here is the best one.


Ingredients

Whole wheat flour/ atta- 1 3/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Oil-1/3 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Ground cinnamon- 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Banana mashed - 1 cup or from 2 big bananas
Add ins- raisins,Choco chips or nuts as you like -1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Vanilla - 1 tsp


Method

Add oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat well and add the eggs and beat well ,now add  mashed banana  and mix then add vanilla ,salt ,cinnamon and baking soda and whisk well.

To the above mixture now add flour and combine just enough to get wet ,small lumps are ok and now add add ins and mix.

Pour the batter in to a 9* 5 loaf pan and sprinkle on top with a little cinnamon.

Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.the baking time may vary according to each oven.

 Cool it in the pan for 10 minutes and remove on to wire rack and cool completely and have it with hot tea or coffee.

You can refrigerate it for 2 or 3 days and freeze for more than a week and  reheat by popping in to a microwave for few seconds or minutes.

Yummy and healthy banana bread....

No comments:

Post a Comment