Thursday 6 October 2016

CREAMY AVOCADO SMOOTHIE






I wanted to taste and use that buttery fruit with green peel .So recently I bought few avocados and I was too eager to taste . I tasted it for first time a few years back when one of my colleague brought it to our work place as she had avocado tree at her  home,and for now I don't remember the taste at all so I was in a little hurry. Just the next day after buying I checked the fruit and it seemed ripe to me so with all my enthusiasm I cut it open and made a smoothie...but for my shock it tasted bitter and all enthusiasm died ..Then I Google why my avocados tasted bitter.Here comes the  truth..unripe avocados tastes bitter.so always use very ripe avocados.Ripe avocados are usually very dark in outer side and softer to touch ,when we press a dent will form.Another important thing is better to avoid scooping out those green part much closer to the peel.So from the search I got an information that you can fasten the ripening of avocados by placing it near fruits which produce ethylene on ripening like bananas,Apple or pineapple.So I kept it along with bananas and was ripened by two days.So I tried again and this time it came out super delicious.This recipe was inspired from food network.com.In the original recipe they calls for two ripe avocados.As we increase the amount avocados the creaminess will increase,but I prefer less creamier so I adapted it to my taste.

Ingredients

Milk - 1 cup
Sweetened condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Ripe avocado- 1/2 of an avocado

Method
Blend everything together until smooth.Very  delicious avocado smoothie ready.Tastes best when served chilled.But we prefer not chilled ,to avoid a  sore throat..lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment